At Tang Hall Primary School we are proud to hold a Silver Award Primary Science Quality Mark – we provide an enriched Science curriculum on a two year rolling program. To ensure that the teaching and learning of Science across the school is engaging, active, purposeful and fun, as a staff, we developed Tang Hall’s Principles of Science,
- Science is practical; children are hands on and can talk about what they are doing.
- Children develop great scientific skills and build on them throughout their time in our school.
- Children (and teachers) are excited by imaginative teaching and are discovering things by themselves.
- Science resources are organised, accessible and used effectively throughout school.
- Science is (where appropriate) child initiated, child led and relates to real life.
|A||Autumn 1||Autumn 2||Spring 1 and 2||Summer 1||Summer 2|
|Year 1 and 2||Use of everyday materials||Animals (including humans)||Living things and their habitats||Movement||Plants|
|Year 3 and 4||Animals (including humans)||Electricity||Sound||Living things and their habitats||States of matter|
|Year 5 and 6||Living things and their habitats||Animals (including humans)||Earth and space||Properties and changes of materials||Forces|
|B||Autumn 1||Autumn 2||Spring 1 and 2||Summer 1||Summer 2|
|Year 1 and 2||Animals (including humans)||Everyday materials||Seasonal changes||Plants||Movement|
|Year 3 and 4||Light||Electricity||Animals (including humans)||Rocks||Plants|
|Year 5 and 6||Living things and their habitats||Evolution and inheritance||Animals (including humans)||Light||Electricity|